Protecting Assets During Your Lifetime. Preserving Them For Future Generations.
Business and Corporate Planning
Many factors enter into structuring a business. Selecting and maintaining the proper entity structure for your business is essential for tax and asset protection purposes. Once established, your business must remain in compliance with complex laws governing annual filings, internal documentation of annual meetings and special transactions, and tax filings. Business continuity protection, the potential of disability or death of the owners and the estate planning needs of the owners must also be considered.
At Estate Preservation Law Offices, we understand these challenges. We know that our clients’ success is directly related to their ability to focus on and mange their businesses without having to take on these legal issues. That’s why we work closely with our business clients to streamline business formation and legal maintenance so that it is manageable, efficient and comprehensive. We monitor time lines to ensure that required annual legal maintenance is accomplished. We advise clients on related tax implications and filings, and we coordinate with their accountants.
We understand that our clients’ businesses are one of their most important assets and investments, and the key to their families’ economic security. As such, we emphasize the importance of business succession planning that addresses each client’s business and familial circumstances. We also ensure that owners’ estate plans deal appropriately with their business interests through provisions for beneficiaries, appropriate ownership/titling of owners’ business shares and estate liquidity for taxes and other expenses attributable to the business upon death.
Our business and corporate planning services include:
- Selection of business entity and entity formation
- Annual maintenance including preparation and filing of annual reports, preparation of annual meeting minutes and special meeting minutes, and documentation of other important business events
- Split dollar agreements
- Business succession planning, including buy-sell agreements, life insurance and disability planning, and coordination with financial and insurance professionals
- Split dollar life insurance agreements
Our Practice Areas
- Estate Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Elder Law & Medicaid Planning
- Business & Corporate Planning
- Special Needs & Disability Planning
- Estate& Trust Administration
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Tax Planning - Corporate & Individual
- Charitable & Exempt Organizations
- Equine & Pet Trust Planning
- Veterans Benefits Planning
- Financial Aid Planning
More about Business and Corporate Planning from Our Blog
Thousands of people set up corporations and/or LLCs each year. Most often, these entities are formed for asset...
By Brendan King If you own a business, your estate plan should have an asset protection component since ownership of...
71 Elm Street, Suite 100
Worcester, MA 01609
156 Hamilton Street
Leominster, MA 01453
9 N Main Street
Uxbridge, MA 01569
100 Grandview Road. Suite 405
Braintree, MA 02184
Cape Cod & Islands
776 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601