Protecting Assets During Your Lifetime. Preserving Them For Future Generations.
Asset Protection Planning
Estate Preservation Law Offices specializes in integrating traditional estate planning with creative asset protection planning solutions that focus on preserving your assets during your lifetime and beyond.
Asset Protection Planning: Strategic and Multi-leveled
Asset protection means different things to different people. Whether you are a professional concerned about liability exposure in your business activities or someone who is just concerned about the realities of existing in a litigious society, the goal is the same – sheltering your hard-earned assets from third parties. You do not need to be wealthy to be the target of a lawsuit, nor are lawsuits the only exposure to your assets. Threats can come from a variety of third-party exposures: divorce, failed business ventures, economic instability, and personal and business bankruptcy all pose a threat to asset security.
Asset preservation is a strategic process involving multi-level planning. The importance of integrating asset protection and estate planning to fully protect and preserve your assets cannot be overstated. By itself, even the most sophisticated estate plan may not protect you or your beneficiaries against the many unforeseen events and economic threats that exist today.
Our approach to integrating estate plans with asset protection strategies helps our clients recognize the potential exposures that they and their beneficiaries may have and the role that effective advance planning plays in reducing or even eliminating such threats. In working with you, it is essential that we understand your unique life circumstances, your business and personal goals, and the risks that could impact your financial well-being, as well as that of your family. We ask, we listen, and we deliver solutions that ensure that your financial goals are realized and that your assets are protected.
Our multi-faceted asset protection planning services include:
- Customized asset protection plans consisting of an in-depth analysis of the client’s assets to identify exposures and protected status with specific recommendations for techniques that the client may wish to use to increase the protection of the assets
- Strategic titling of assets to utilize protected forms of ownerships
- Entity planning and formation (corporations and LLCs)
- Asset protection trusts
- Protective structuring of your beneficiaries’ inheritance to minimize exposure to third-party exposures (such as divorce or creditors)
Our Practice Areas
● Estate Planning
● Asset Protection Planning
● Elder Law & Medicaid Planning
● Business & Corporate Planning
● Special Needs & Disability Planning
● Estate& Trust Administration
● Guardianships & Conservatorships
● Tax Planning - Corporate & Individual
● Charitable & Exempt Organizations
● Equine & Pet Trust Planning
● Veterans Benefits Planning
● Financial Aid Planning
More about Asset Protection Planning from Our Blog
By Brendan J. King When the new Tax Cut and Jobs Act was signed into law in December 2017, it also expanded the...
By Linda T. Cammuso Whether your kids are 3 years old or 33, protecting their inheritance from future financial...
Observation Status in Hospital Change: Understanding your risk Carol F. Barton The Notice of Observation Treatment and...
71 Elm Street, Suite 100
Worcester, MA 01609
156 Hamilton Street
Leominster, MA 01453
9 N Main Street
Uxbridge, MA 01569
100 Grandview Road. Suite 405
Braintree, MA 02184
Cape Cod & Islands
776 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601